If you have trouble with anything, tweet us at @_grassroutes!
Need help adding the widget to your website?
In the sidebarIt's really easy to add a Activist.io widget to your Tumblr sidebar. You may want to begin by choosing a custom size for your widget. (Right above the code for the widget itself.) Then:
- On Tumblr, open the Customize pane.
- Then, paste the code into the description box. (It's right here.)
- Don't forget to save.
- Bam! Wasn't that easy?
As a postIt's also possible to add the widget as a regular ol' Tumblr post.
- Add a text post.
- Open the HTML editor. (It's right here.)
- Paste in the widget code.
- Update, post and change the world.
WordPress.org (self hosted)
On WordPress, you must first install the Iframe Embedder plugin.
- Go to your admin area
- Click "Plugins" => "Add New" on the sidebar
- Search for "Iframe Embedder"
- It should be the first search result. It's by "de77.com". Click "Install Now"
- After it installs, click "Activate Plugin" on the next page
As a post
- Create a new post
- In the WYSIWYG editor, paste in this code:
[iframe http://www.activist.io/campaigns/2/iframe 300px 700px]
- Click "Publish" and you're done!
In the sidebar
One of our friends created this excellent graphical guide to embedding on Posterous.